Product Development Manager
Myron Corp - a Global leader in Personalized Business Gifts – is seeking an experienced Product Manager who can develop products for our North American regions. The position will be responsible for managing all phases of product design and development. They will be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing all of the product development facets required for the dated and stationary product categories. The individual will also be responsible for interfacing with all internal departments and outside resources to bring the product line and business plan to life.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSABILITIES
• Conducts industry research to collect information, samples and competitive data. Individual will need to develop a “deep sense and feel” for the market and category.
• Conduct customer research to determine attitudes and usage in the category, identify unmet needs, determine creative positioning, etc.
• Articulate a vision and business plan for the line and implement a plan for growth; identifying required “critical success factors”.
• Develop a complete product line and guide creative resources in designing the products within appropriate guidelines (costing, pricing, manufacturing, etc.)
• Meet company margin targets.
• Recommend an annual new product menu to reach total sales objective, including number of new products, sales by product, proforma P&L, etc.
• Ability to work closely with marketing supply chain, manufacturing and finance.
• Although the platform will be sold through Myron/Adler sales representatives and sold to the same types of businesses Myron currently targets, the candidate will demonstrate an ability to think “outside” the box in terms of design, materials, functionality, etc.
• Communicate all new product information to appropriate departments (data sheets, pricing, samples for photography, feature/benefit summaries, quality control samples). Respond to all new product questions and conduct new product kick-off with US/Canada Telemarketing/CS teams.
• Communicate all new product concepts to international markets and implement international market concept requests.
• Proven track record in building a product line from concept stage, to market introduction and then to market expansion.
• Demonstrated knowledge of innovative but functional design. Candidate will have successfully designed or led the design of products that “reinvented” or redefined their space. Candidate may have taken a commodity product, “dressed it up”/added value and successfully repositioned it in the marketplace.
• Strong business skills. Candidate will have experience with: -market research -costing and pricing negotiating with vendors -working with manufacturing -coordinating marketing and promotion efforts -interacting with sales to build the revenue stream
• Experience in a fast-paced environment.
• Experienced in developing products for multiple countries.
• Ability to analyze and respond to statistical and historical data and trends.
• Ability to work in a matrixed organization and in a “hands on” manner.
• Outside-the-box, innovative thinker, capable of taking bold steps when the need arises.
• Team player who can gain the strong support of internal departments and the commitment of outside resources.
• Strong sense of fashion and style.
• Passionate about building a new business and product platform.
• High energy with a strong sense of urgency and purpose.
• Visionary who can bring a business concept to life and create real excitement around the idea.
• Results oriented, self-starter able to make decisions and act independently in moving rapidly towards their goals.
• Exhibits sound/balanced judgment.
• Superior intellect.
• Clear, concise, dynamic written and verbal communicator.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Position requires significant travel in North America, Europe and Asia to attend shows and meet with vendors and designers.
• Web and direct marketing experience preferred.
Job Title: Product Development Manager