DIRECTOR STRATEGIC ANALYSIS AND DECISION SUPPORT
Myron Corp - a 65-year strong Global Leader in Personalized Business Gifts – is seeking an entrepreneurial hands-on strategic analyst to direct a team of marketing analysts and transform data into business insights that will drive the business forward. The position is full-time in our North Jersey Corporate headquarters, near Paramus and just 20 minutes to Manhattan and convenient to major NJ highways.
The Director Strategic Analysis and Decision Support is a senior, hands-on / management role responsible for providing thought leadership and guidance based on statistical insights on company, product, customer and program performance data. The Director will compile and analyze data across multiple data sources, perform ad hoc analysis and deliver reports, insights, recommendations and strategies to business stakeholders and senior management. S/he will direct analysis and reporting requirements through a remote team of reporting professionals.
Work will be both project based and ad hoc. The Director Strategic Analysis will continuously work on identifying and testing initiatives – through complex statistical modeling, programming, trend analysis, reporting, and application development – to deliver performance-enhancing recommendations to management and internal teams using data collected from various sources.
The successful candidate should not only possess analytical intelligence, technical expertise, but also great interpersonal skills for interacting with key business partners. SAS expertise or equivalent is highly preferred.
Analysis, modeling, testing and insights to drive business/marketing decisions
- Manage a team of analysts and reporting professionals in providing the organization with information in digestible format
- Excellent audit, interpersonal, and coaching skills to insure data accuracy from the team
- Maintain and enhance our decision support system - statistical and data mining models - to segment, model and profile customer transaction data
- Develop response and penetration models that translate data into actionable information to feed business planning decisions
- Proactively mine the database to find trends and hidden opportunities. Design experimental and statistical tests of new, emerging opportunities through rapid experimentation and development of best practices to evaluate and optimize new programs and initiatives
- Analyze previous and ongoing campaigns using predictive modeling and evaluation
- Design multivariate tests that deliver core insights to suggest fundamental improvements
- Evaluate existing reporting and analysis tools, processes, and data sources to identify opportunities for enhancement and future investment. Provide recommendations to improve and enhance the database
- Support strategic marketing initiatives with data insights across the complete customer lifecycle including acquisition, retention, engagement, lifetime value, advocacy.
Data integrity, validity, visibility and standards
- Perform ad hoc analysis to answer questions from senior management; identify solutions to complex problems and questions, and make recommendations based on ongoing data analysis and knowledge of industry standards
- Pursue data quality, troubleshoot data validation, and see issues to resolution; collaborate with internal and external partners regarding data collection and reporting practices and develop consistency and best practices for data availability and integrity within analytics group and throughout the organization
- Construct and maintain dashboards that optimize opportunities and influence business decisions to deliver significant growth for online and traditional business. Develop standard reports and train internal teams to self-serve reports
- Expert SAS user or equivalent statistical programming language
- 7+ years relevant analysis experience; proven success with very large customer, product and transaction universes
- Degree in statistics, economics, psychology, math or related field, advance degree preferred
- Ability to communicate complex findings in straightforward business terms, written or verbal
- Strong business acumen, necessary to know how to guide the list and data research to a profitable outcome
- Good knowledge of database marketing
- Strong analytic skills
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into a composite conclusion
- Capable of operating in an ambiguous data environment
Interested Candidates please Email statement of interest, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with DSA
in subject line.